Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I hate Ivory

After the contractor comming to look at our steps, it was determined nothing can be done without building out of code. So Ivory screwed us. The warranty man Ryan made it sound like it was a favor and I was lucky they even sent anyone out to look at it in the first place. I told him I demand him discuss this with the"powers that be" and get us compensation in some way. He gave a half %#&*# reply that he would try.

I assumed this would be the outcome, but it doesnt make it any easier to take. I feel it was fraud on thier part to sell us a two car garage. Ryan said that though they cant do anything out of code for liability, that we could. SOOOO they want me to pay for someone to fix it and make my stairs out of code. And even with that, our garage isnt big enough, and we have to buy a smaller car. So Ivory's solution thus far... fork out tons of your own money to deal with this situation after you spent a fortune on this home that was not what we contracted for.

I dont know if I should give up, or write state newspaper, radio, tv stations, and Stake President Ivory. I could even make a stink on thier facebook page. If the stink is to be the case- I might even put a sign in my front yard for all those going to the model home to see. So what do you think- give it up and relax, or put up a fight?

10 comments:

christian y alin said...

remember we dont hate we just dislike jajajjajajjajajaj yea right like that is so easy specially when is your brand new home just remember it will be ok and dont let them do something you dont like

Meri said...

Fight the man baby! Fight the man! What did they say in the movie "You've got Mail?" They quoted the Godfather and said "Go to the mattresses!" Start with the Better Business Burough. (I obviously can't spell Bourough, or mattresses for that matter.) Maybe they have some ideas of where you can start.

Laura and Jared said...

Did you tell the guy you were going to call the Better Business Bureau? Businesses are terrified of that. I agree that you should write letters to congressmen and stuff--Even was telling me how that helped him the other day. Definitely fight. They are banking that you are a little young mom and family, and therefore a pushover. Let them know you are not. Even if they won't do anything about it--you can't let them get away with it again. The last thing a developer needs right now is a bad reputation with the market the way it is. Give them what they deserve. It is THEIR fault. Is the garage not "officially" a two car garage? You need to find that out for yourself. Do the plans say how big it was supposed to be? Anything to show they didn't fulfill their obligation--when YOU payed full price.

Siddoways said...

The plans say the dimensions and they are correct... but the plans called for two steps not four. That was their error.

Mom said...

Do everything except the sign in your front yard. That would probably come back to bite you. Like Meri was reminding me about WalMart. The first thing they are going to say is "NO" and just hope that you go away. Don't go away. But don't have a nervous breakdown either. It's important, but not THAT important.

Mom said...

Also, Dad wants pictures of your garage steps. He thinks there's a way to get more room. We want to brainstorm about it.

Cindy said...

I agree as well... I think you better complain to the BBB and maybe look at the code for the hight of the garage door from the floor. I bet there is code for that ... they have code for everything...

Allison Murray said...

In addition to filing a complaint with the BBB, you might want to also go to Utah state consumer protection as well as the attorney general. The more people you go to, the more annoyed they will get and just want to get it taken care of. Ivory Homes of SLC has an A+ rating and they are members of the BBB, so if they don't take care of it with the complaint, you can take the case to arbitration and they can't say no to the arbitration. However, if you lose the arbitration, that is legal and binding, so you better have a lot of facts and proof to send to the arbitrator to win. FYI

Allison Murray said...

p.s. the Utah BBB doesn't help much with advice and makes you go back and forth with the company anyway, just through the BBB website. If you take it to arbitration, they are a couple months out for arbitration, so that would take a while as well.

sorry for the overload, stuff like this is part of my job...

Erin said...

Don't give in! Call Bill Gepard or whatever his name is. That is sooooo Horrible of Ivory. You shouln't have to buy a new freakin car that is rediculous and I am ticked for you! "CALL THE MIDIA" Call the better buisness bureau. DO it today!!!!

Blog Archive