Friday, February 6, 2009

What lives here?

So while at play group yesterday, the women there decided I needed to know what creatures are part of the local wildlife. Rattlesnakes (but they only see like 2 a year), giant snakes that are all "puffy like" (but they are good- they eat rattlesnake eggs), Tarantulas (only one lady saw two last year in a friends sprinkler box), wolf spiders that can get the size of a kindergardners hand and who carry their babies on their back (they all have only seen one or two a year- and they "supposely" arent dangerous), and black widows that plague the area and require monthly spraying. Needless to say I tried with all my might to convince Jeff to put the house for sale and he refused. The ladies, upon seeing they really freaked me out, told me that with all the building- I probably wont see any. I think it just gives the suckers reason to enter my house!

On a side note we still dont know what is wrong with Jeff's car. It is leaking oil (all over my driveway since you cant park on the street in the winter) and one mechanic said that he thought it was a certain problem, but he couldnt fix it. So we took it to another more real mechanic and he told us it would be about 300 to fix it. Well he called and told us the leak wasnt where they thought and he doesnt have the capability to remove the transmission to find the leak, and that would require another mechanic. So... Monday we will have to take it in. How much will it cost... we dont have the quote yet, but if the easy problem was going to be 300 what is the hard one going to give? Just pray for us. I am suddenly freaking out because I realized that somehow my tithing calc for the year was messed up and we are really down 1500 less on our budget on the year. Ok not a big deal, except we are still a month from profit sharing (and scared silly) and we have less then we thought as a backup.

Also my ultrasound will be March 2nd at 9:30ish. The peanut should be around the size of a large avacado now.

3 comments:

Meri said...

With the profit sharing, why don't you expect the smallest possible amount and then you can plan accordingly, and if it turns out that way, then you have planned, and if it's more, it's gravy. About the car and the spiders, take it as it comes, freting doesn't ever make things work out better. Your growing baby needs a relaxed mama. "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
That pearl of wisdom has gotten me through a lot.
How's that for a novel!

Laura and Jared said...

I hate car troubles. We have had so many. At least you HAVE money. I don't even have health insurance for my baby right now. You are allowed to complain anyway.

Mom said...

You guys will be fine. Tomorrow ALWAYS takes care of itself. That's for you, too, Laura. Love to all. You didn't tell about your friend's husband's shooting the wolf spider with the BB gun and all those babies falling off it's back. I may be reconsidering Santaquin.

Blog Archive