Friday, March 20, 2009
Nice Neighbors
Yesterday my two neighbors were taking their daily walk when they passed by our house. It just happened to be when I was outside talking to the landscaper. Here I am, not showered, in my college work out clothes, pretty pregnant, having just cried less then an hour earlier, and still sick as a dog. Well they called an hour later and insisted on bringing me dinner tonight. As pathetic as I felt taking charity from them, I accepted. HOW AM I EVER TO COMPETE. Ok I don’t need to compete, but I am their visiting teacher. When they are down and out I don’t know if I could possibly make a dinner so nice. I got homemade lasagna (best homemade I ever had), homemade rolls, homemade jam, a nice salad, strawberry jell-o salad, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Will we ever make it through the leftovers? I probably gained my entire 7 lbs lost last week in this one meal! They are amazing. I just wish I hung out with them more or ever by that means. I don’t know how they became such good friends. I suppose Eschelle found out about when Julie’s kids were sick with the same thing mine had and brought them over dinner or something….I did try then by sending over an angel food cake with trimmings. I just wish I had the nerve to call them more and invite them over. Maybe when the kids are well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When things are difficult, we tend to be more appreciative for the little things. Today I was looking at the huge mess of leaves and branches on our deck and suddenly had an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the blessing of having a deck to sweep. Still haven't swept it though.
Marvetta and Rachel suprised us with dinner last week just a few minutes before ordering a pizza. We returned the dishes with cookies inside. I'm glad the Lord sent you neighbors to look after you. Why are you nervous about inviting them over? You don't need to try extra hard to make them your friends, after what they did for you, I'd say they already are.
I didn't realize you posted on Thursday. Anyway, your kids are cute, and I think it is weird that Blake eats tomatoes like that--but it is healthy at least. I am glad you have nice neighbors. I hope your kids are doing better.
Post a Comment