This week has been a very typical one. I went to Orem this week to meet Jeff for lunch and was able to visit Target. Oh how I have missed being so close to the vast shopping options that Layton and Bountiful gave me. I had a blast and only wish my kids weren't tired (or there at all ) so I could have enjoyed myself more. While I realized how ridiculous that I was so excited -no- elated to have gone to Target and was wastefully wishing I didn't live in the middle of no-where, I was given one of those beautiful moments later in the week, that made me so happy to live in the middle of no-where. It was 55 degrees (which almost feels like a 65 for Petaluma) and the kids and I were out with nothing but sweatshirts. The air was crisp and clean, and I stood in the middle of the street staring at my house and the vast nothing around. I couldn't help but love the feeling of security in it all. Safe as my kids played in the dirt, safe from the troubles and pressures of the world. Safe knowing that no one would bother down this way unless they had business here.
On Saturday we got our wonderful babysitter Lindsey, went out to dinner at Cafe Rio, and went to WiseGuys to see Dave Metcalf perform. Jeff ended up reading the website wrong and it was a hypnotist named Hypno Hick. It was highly entertaining and we are glad we went. With how easily Blake went to sleep with Lindsey and with tickets only $5 a piece, we will probably go see Dave when he really performs in two weeks. Maybe we should make our way to the Temple too.
We actually went to church as a family. Blake made it the whole time.... I know it was the miracle of daylight savings. Jeff still didn't get any spiritual enlightenment since he spent the two hours in the nursery with Blake. What is the deal with 18 months. What do they really expect us to do with our child from 15-18 months? He is impossible.
Jeff is upstairs with the kids and their running and wrestling is so loud I am afraid they are going to smash thru the floor. I keep hearing Brock slip and fall on the hard wood (that cant be safe). Blake has been eating like a champ lately though he is very particular about what he wants. For a snack he had a hostess cupcake, corn and peas. Yummy. I am glad he is eating more but his diapers have begun to reflect it..... is 16 months too early to potty train? I would have to get a mini toilet since he still cant climb up on the couch by himself and still has problems doing it with a stool. I guess I could wait a few more months... like 12.
3 comments:
Well, you have a house and happy children--all those things are good. I wish I could let Lexi run loose.
I am glad to know you found a baby sitter that you feel comfortable with. I have one, and I don't know what I would do without her:)
You have a good life. I'm grateful for that.
Post a Comment