Thursday, May 28, 2009

No more dirt???

We did it! Say goodbye to the dirt piles. The dirt is spread, the workers did half the sprinkler heads and will finish the rest tomorrow morning, the sod is comming tomorrow afternoon, and we will lay it Saturday....OHHHH I hope it really all happens and goes well. I called the Elders Presidents wife (my VT comp) and she said her husband will try to find some help for us on Saturday. Other then Jeff we only need like three more men to get it done in a timely fashion. Our neighbor Jannette said she would help (she's Moms age), and since she is a farming women she will stay till the end...so I hope we get lots of help so she wont work to hard. Jannette had the whole YW and YM to help her and it only took them 1 hr. So I hope we can get enough people that it will only take like 3 hrs...I hope. Being new in the ward I dont know who to call, but I am confident that no matter what Jeff will get it done on Saturday.

Brocks been gone a week tomorrow and wont return until Sunday. He called today all sad and homesick, but I got him perked up by the end of the conversation. He has a cold, hasnt been getting enough sleep, and has been playing hard, so he is just tired and emotional. They are suppose to pull out the slip and slide tonight and camp in the backyard (since they got rained out during their real camping trip and only spent one night). Im sure that will perk him up a lot. I do miss him terribly and cant wait to see him on Sunday. The did promise that if he gets too bad they will send him home early.

3 comments:

Meri said...

Ryan and the older boys are going to scout camp and I don't know if I'll be able to breath without them, and Lisa will be in Germany. I feel your pain.

Saturday night I hope you all can take a deep breath and enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Laura and Jared said...

I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. I am glad you will get grass.

christian y alin said...

see everything is getting in place and finnaly you have your house and getting ready for the new member of the family.love you and hope you are feeling better on the pregnancy sintoms

Blog Archive