Friday, June 26, 2009

Nothing new

Ok, so I have no pictures...so deal!

Things are pretty much the same here. Brock is gone to Idaho and comes home tomorrow. Blake is cute and thinks he is the boss of us all. Jeff has had interview after interview with no results, and I am still pregnant.

I have been feeling increasingly unlucky. First our walk way dropped 3 inches. Besides being a lawsuit waiting to happen with some unsuspecting solicitor, I am not too worried since the builders will fix it (normal protocol is to schedule an appt near your year moved in and discuss and fix all settling issues-we haven't had any other issues-yet). Then our right side garage fixture got shattered when the garage cans lid flew up during a storm. Again-no big deal- Jeff's bro will order the glass and we wont be out more then 15ish dollars. Wendys is draining our nerves, and with no success with the job thing, the little things in life are adding up and driving us nuts. I guess it doesn't help that my back hurts, my feet and hands are swollen, I have massive pressure everywhere, I have the worst heartburn I have ever experienced (AHHH THE BURNING) and I am scared to death that I wont have anyone to watch the kids in the night while Im in labor. With 3.5 weeks to my due date I am afraid to go full term (I want him out!), but I am afraid to not go full term (then my neighbor will be home to watch the kids and Mom can come right away). OH I think the I want him out now wins....

We have gotten the clothes washed, the car seat ready, the swing set up, and most of the house organized. Now if I could just get Blake out of the crib. I think it is too much to try and get him out of the crib and out of the room, but Jeff refuses to take the crib down and put the bed in there as a transition since the "pain in the butt to put together crib" will have to come back in just a couple month. I understand, but have no idea how to move Blake. I think I will try Meri's idea of slipping him in the bed during nap next week.

Also I am strep B again and so need the antibiotics during labor. You are suppose to get four hours and last time I only got 45 mintues worth. Blake was fine, but I dont want to tempt fate again. The only problem...will I even have four hours of labor. I have been instructed to rush in immediately when my water breaks or after just two or three strong contractions. My doc says if labor and delivery want to turn me away cause my contractions are still too far apart-to have them call him.

Anyway...a bit of the life of the boring siddoways.

5 comments:

Allison Murray said...

dude, i'm only like 20 minutes away if you need someone to watch the kids in the middle of the night if you go into early labor! call ANYTIME if needed!!!

Pitzaks said...

You poor thing. It seems the more pregnancy's I have the more annoying they get. Being swollen, uncomfortable and in pain sucks.I'm sorry you have to go through that. I have had a lot of weird things happening to me lately with my body. I want this baby out too and I still have 3 months left.

Laura and Jared said...

I still can't believe you are having a baby. Life never stops, does it. At least you have a life--that is a good thing.

Meri said...

Times like these are kinda like the flu. All you can think about is the misery at hand. We just gotta hold to the knowledge that the future will be brighter and better. Can we schedule a date for the brighter and better? Nope, but it comes. And for you, some of the brightness will be coming in just a few weeks. I am so happy for you and your family!

Mom said...

WoW! Thank you Allison! Actually Katie, I think your life sounds pretty good. I miss those times with the little ones when all their problems were little as well. Just enjoy the busyness in your life because that is what life is all about. The little pieces that make a whole. I'm so glad my Brock is back home. One day follows another, sure as shooting and then one day your in your 60's and life is different--but still good, all in all. I'm glad you share your life with us. Love you lots. Mom

Blog Archive