Monday, June 1, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener





Yes we finally have Sod! Oh how wonderful. Now we are trying to figure out the new sprinkler timers and get a good system going. Our landscaper is comming back tomorrow to fix a few heads that are watering the lot next door. We called the elders prez and our wards 1st counsler just a couple days before we were to lay sod to see if they could call around and maybe find us some help. Well we ended up with 9 men and 5 boys ages 5-10. It was done in under 2 hrs. We have such a great ward and I am grateful for their help. Jeff woke up and was out around 6:30 and by 8:00 had only really laid the park strip. We thought we were done for. But by 8:00 everyone was there. I am so happy to have it done. We were short a bit of sod...were guessing around 500sqft (we havent measured it yet). We have a 600sqft garden and then the area infront of it not done. We will probably wait until next year to finish it off as well as put in any flowers, trees and shrubs.








SInce we have to keep the kids out of our yard we headed to the park. Jeff tried to help Blake be less afraid of the swing and Brock spent most of his time on the tire swing. I got him going alittle, but it wasnt enough for Brock. Jeff got him going really fast and high on the thing. Well a while later, Brock and another boy from the park had his Dad swing them around alittle. They were barely moving when I heard the man say "you going to be sick?" He stopped the swing and Brock got off it and began to barf repeatedly. Brock had been swinging around off and on for over an hour and I guess that last little swing just put Brock's very weak stomach over the edge. He felt better immediately, but didnt each much dinner this evening. Poor little boy. It was fun while it lasted.

4 comments:

Pitzaks said...

The grass looks great. How long until you are allowed to walk and play on it? I bet the kids are really excited.

Meri said...

I remember when we got sod, we waited a couple weeks before we let the kids play on it. When they finally were able to they all got rashes from rolling on it. So if your kids get rashes, no worries, it's the grass. But stock up on Benydryl just in case.
Congratulations!

Mom said...

Great. I hope it takes hold and prospers, along with your family and anything else you plant. Those little boys sure are cuties.

Erin said...

The yard looks great! I am so excited for you!

Blog Archive