Sunday, April 26, 2009

Laid off

With Jeff getting laid off on Friday we have had a lot to worry and think about. We have decided to not and try to sell the house right away, but give it a couple of months to see if any miracles happen. We will go to the unemployment office Monday and the Medicaid office. Also, well call the health care and try to learn about COBRA and if they know what we need to do to get the subsidy offered thru the government. Once we have an idea of how much unemployment we will be recieving I will call our Mortgage company and discuss options with them. I am a strong believer in paying what is owed and do not like having to call them one bit. Jeff has a temple rec interview this afternoon and will also talk to the bishop then. We are applying to every job we see and pray something will happen quickly. Other then that there is nothing we can do, but pray pray pray.

On Friday I was laying down and had this overwhelming feeling that "The tides have changed and life is great. It is all better now" Well I looked at the clock and later found out that I recieved that feeling the same time Jeff was laid off. I dont know if it was real, or if it was just ment to tell me we'd be ok, or if it was really what I thought and things are better and will get better really quickly. Not having a job and worrying about the new baby and the house is hard, but we cant help but be grateful to get Jeff out of Royal. His whole career he has heard nothing but ill about that branch and agreeded with everything hes heard since day one there. We hope and pray this is a blessing. We asked if it were wise for us to buy this house. We asked if we would be able to afford it- cause we would not have done it if we recieved one sign from Heavenly Father. But He assured us and we felt good about the decision to build this house and then later to have this baby. There is nothing I can do but assume He will keep this promises he has made and I will try to be possitive over the next month. Well see if Im changing my tune after that.

1 comment:

Mom said...

One thing is for sure. Life never is stagnet. It is always moving forward and if we are proactive, it just about always moves us in a positive direction. We can't usually have influence over world and national situations and sometimes nations of people are swept away in the tide of national and world policies and situations, but Heavenly Father's children are resourceful and we get through. "Do what is right, let the consequence follow". Words to live by. Have a good Sabbath. We're fasting for you. Love you lots. Mom and Dad.

Blog Archive