We worked out in the yard for a little bit yesterday and boy did I get burned. I had to wear a shirt with a really high neckline in order to cover the burn. It was just too embarrassing to show. My arms and shoulders are pretty sore from spreading dirt-and we still have days and days of doing it left. I think I will start to take it abit easier since my hip area was really sore yesterday. My hips are begging to spread and I am beginning to waddle when I walk. I am also hungry all the time. I am trying to keep myself in check, but also know the baby will be doubling its weight in just the next eight weeks and I need to make sure I eat enough...but I am a Larsen and we aren't ones to make ourselves go without. I was told today that the kids and I are approved for Medicaid. It helps knowing that we have insurance during this whole unemployed thing and that I wont have to pay thousands for the baby. I just cant wait until we are self sufficient again.
The boys are good. I really haven't seen much of Brock lately. After school, he eats lunch, and then ends up outside with the neighborhood kids until I call him for dinner. It is nice to see kids from 18 months to 9 years all play very well together in the dirt piles. I do feel for the 9 year old who is new here and so doesn't have many friends but his siblings and 5 year old Brock. Now that we have Brock on Claritin, he is doing much much better. He has the same "hacking" allergy problem I had (or guess still have). I really don't know what else to say about Brock....he never is home.
Blake has been the biggest help you can imagine in the yard. He follows Daddy and the wheel barrel and helps to scoop dirt and rocks. He then helps me rake the dirt around. OK sometimes he is more a hindrance then a help, but it is adorable to watch, and you can tell he is so proud to be working with us. Blake is getting increasingly attached to his little blue love. He carries it around everywhere (unless we can distract him so the thing doesn't end up in the car with us). It is cute how he gets so excited to see it and cuddles it to death...now why cant he treat me that way? I guess it is good, they say kids with an attachment or "love" tend to be more self reliant and less clingy to parents (even though the neighborhood almost three year old has his blanket attached at the hip and he cant leave his mom's side). Well either way, Blake has never been a cuddler. He even had an almost perfect transition into Nursery.
1 comment:
Thanks for blogging. I love the little particulars about life with little children. I really do miss those years, but am not sure I would rush back to do it again. I'm proud of how you and Jeff are handling the whole "unemployed" thing. You'll be blessed.
Post a Comment